Re: native compilers

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: native compilers
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:53:03 +0100

On Sat 22 Sep 2012 23:28, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> I've now coded two version of native compilers for x86-64 linux
> compiling either the old guile-2.0 VM language or guile-2.2 RTL VM
> language.

This is pretty crazy and wonderful stuff, Stefan.

> https://gitorious.org/aschm

https://gitorious.org/aschm/aschm/blobs/rtl/module/native/vm/inst.scm
looks really promising.

I guess I need to consolidate the RTL branch now, and we need to make
sure that we can plug in a JIT.  I don't want to incorporate all of this
code at once, so ideally we can make it so that you can load your code
as a module and Guile will have the needed hooks to run JITted code if
it is there.

Excellent hacking!

Andy
--