Re: GNU Guile branch, wip-peval-predicates, created. v2.0.5-100-g59c5570

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GNU Guile branch, wip-peval-predicates, created. v2.0.5-100-g59c5570
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:28:20 -0700

Hi,

On Fri 13 Apr 2012 07:22, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

>>     * module/language/tree-il/peval.scm (fold-constants): Returns #f instead
>>       of the expression, as all continuations handle #f themselves.
>>       (negate, bailout?, extract-facts, infer, infer-defined?)
>>       (infer-struct-vtable): New helpers.
>
> I haven't looked at the code, but it sounds like you are trying to
> eliminate redundant 'struct-vtable' checks.  Unfortunately, it seems to
> me that this cannot be done safely.

The identity of the vtable does not change when it is redefined.  If the
vtable is redefined, the equality check still succeeds.  There are
comments in the source.

In the end though, that branch is turning into a more general effects
analysis + CSE pass, for which I'll push a different branch shortly.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/