Re: And another deprecation joke

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: And another deprecation joke
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:23:39 +0100

<address@hidden> writes:

> ---- David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> An application "guile-bug" is mentioned nowhere.

> your email application to send the bug report.

Indeed.  At some point of time I lost sight that this was not the bug
list.

To make a non-bug specific suggestion to developers: try to answer each
question (that is not solely restricted to an individual's problem) by
quoting a manual passage.  Even if it means having to write or rewrite
or reindex that manual passage first.

If you have trouble finding the right passage, so will the user.  If you
feel that the manual passage is not quite right, so will the user.

There will be hundreds of users with the same problem, hopefully.  They
are all capable of reading the manual.  They are not capable of reading
your mind: that's something you have to do yourself, then write up an
answer.

Make it a habit to write a useful answer once.  Then only reference it.
It is more work the first time round.  But if Guile is supposed to be
successful, that first time is going to have dozens of repetitions.

Be prepared for Guile's success.

--
David Kastrup