Re: bdw-gc includes in libguile.h

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: bdw-gc includes in libguile.h
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:16:54 +0200

On Mon 28 Mar 2011 22:40, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>>>   1. Disable pthread redirects and instead register threads explicitly
>>>      (in ‘scm_with_guile’).
>>
>> Why is this only applicable to 2.1 ?
>
> I was thinking it’d break the ABI, but maybe not?

I don't think it does break ABI.  We are always free to redefine C
macros, provided that binaries compiled against the old macros still
work as well as they did.  Given that we require threads to enter Guile
with a scm_with_guile, there is no problem here, I don't think.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/