Re: Portability fixes for win32 cross compiling

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Portability fixes for win32 cross compiling
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 15:15:01 +0200

Hi!

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> writes:

> The "gen-scmconfig" script includes a mix of native and
> cross headers, which goes horribly wrong when performing
> win32 cross compiling.

What happens exactly?

> Is it really necessary to #include
> the "uniconv.h" from the cross system and to provide corresponding
> SCM_ICONVEH_* constants?

The idea is to avoid including libunistring headers in public Guile
headers, so that the dependency on libunistring isn’t visible from the
outside.

Perhaps we could extract the values in some other way, but I’d like to
make sure I understand the problem before attempting something.

Thanks,
Ludo’.