Re: Resigning from Guile maintainership

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Resigning from Guile maintainership
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 00:00:05 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there any pointers you'd like to leave us so that
> we can understand and continue the Neil Jerram, Guile-Hacker style?

Unfortunately it's been a while since I had a really good protracted
hack - I think that's another reflection of changing life...

The three that occur to me now were all fantastic and absorbing uses of
Guile...

- The first development of debugging infrastructure and GDS, which I did
  on a lovely week off in Brighton, pre-child.

- The 1.8 elisp translator.  Can't remember exactly when that was, but
  it was fun.

- Integrating Guile with my work's software - which is unfortunately not
  free, and so I can't provide much detail about it...  But (in my view
  at least) the Guile layer added so much capability, and allowed me to
  play with lots of things quickly like web interfaces and a GOOPS
  representation of the concepts in that software.  That was post-child,
  after I noticed that babies sometimes do lots of sleeping :-)

In summary, I think the main thing, at least for me, is having a nice
big wodge of spare time to devote!

Best wishes,
      Neil