Re: docstrings and scm_c_define_gsubr

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: docstrings and scm_c_define_gsubr
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 23:43:40 +0200

Heya,

On Sat 10 Apr 2010 21:09, Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> I wonder if I might be able to convince one of you fine
> gentlemen to hack together a version of scm_c_define_gsubr
> that takes a locale C string as a docstring.

Should all subrs have docstrings? Currently when you ask for the
documentation for a subr, Guile pokes around for files. We could have
these docstrings be static stringbufs if we did this.

A couple of tecnical details make this a little difficult, but I think
it should be possible. It's on my list but not a blocker for 2.0. Please
ping if you want it sooner.

Cheers,

Andy
--