Re: Guile web page docs

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile web page docs
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:20:42 +0100

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I was thinking about the ‘gnu-web-doc-update’ module.
>>
>> I'll take a look, thanks.
>
> [guile-user trimmed]
>
> This doesn't look so useful to me.  It makes assumptions about the
> package that don't hold for Guile: a bootstrap script (our autogen.sh);
> manual in doc/manual; and a `make web-manual' Makefile target.

Hmm, OK.  I’ve never actually used it and I didn’t know that.

> We could make Guile conform to those assumptions, but I'm not sure it's
> worth it.

Agreed.

> Isn't it already pretty easy to use gendocs.sh, copy the generated
> files into the web-pages tree, and commit?  (I've actually never used
> gendocs.sh.)

That’s what I’ve been doing so far.  It’s slightly tedious because run
gendocs.sh with the right parameters, have a cvs checkout, copy files
there, add the new ones (and ideally remove the obsolete ones), then
check-in and wait for ages.

Maybe that actually calls for a ‘web-manual’ makefile target?  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.