Re: srfi-18 requirements

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: srfi-18 requirements
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:55:24 -0400

Any updates on this?  I know you guys are busy with the repository,
but I'm pretty close to having the Scheme implementation for SRFI-18
finished.  Like I said, I think enabling scm_mutex_owner would allow
me to proceed, but I don't want to un-ifdef it without knowing why it
was disabled in the first place (the ChangeLogs don't shed any light
on the matter).

(From a theoretical standpoint, I don't see a problem with the
existence of something like scm_mutex_owner.  The man page for
pthread_mutex_lock claims that it's not part of the pthreads spec
because it could cause an unacceptable performance hit, but it's
pretty clear from playing around with gdb that Linux's pthreads
implementation stores the requisite information...)