Re: 1.6.0: major soname version decremented?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: 1.6.0: major soname version decremented?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:15:25 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> But as long as LilyPond didn't deploy a version publically using
> 1.5.X, then I wouldn't expect there to be a problem...

Yes, I did for Cygwin.  I expect no big problems, though.

> Nope.  I knew it would decrease the major number, I just didn't think
> it would matter.  If this *is* in fact a big problem, please explain,
> and we'll figure out what should be done about it.

No, I think we'll be fine.  Cygwin now has an old libguile14, and a
newer libguile12 package.  By the time that we'll see a new libguile14
package it will get a higher version number than the old one, and the
old one will be replaced automatically.

Jan.