Re: Do we already have docs about modules, loading (non-toplevel), etc.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Do we already have docs about modules, loading (non-toplevel), etc.
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:33:51 -0800

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 02:40:15 -0600

   Do we have any docs (or is anyone already planning to write docs)
   about the interactions between load, eval, define-module, use-modules,
   gh_eval_str, gh_lookup, (define foo (lambda ...)) and the current
   module[1]?

the docs describe module system usage in various places, but don't go
into a lot of detail.  i think case analyses as you propose (as well as
some more detail) would be a good addition.

i expressed interest in doing some module system doc work:

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-devel/2001-November/004154.html
  (thread: "Argh! Module system frustration.")

but haven't started, and am happy to relinquish the initiative to you.

thi