Re: cross-compiling to mingw/cygwin

From: stefan
Subject: Re: cross-compiling to mingw/cygwin
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:55:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

>    From: stefan <address@hidden>
>    Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:52:09 +0100 (CET)
>
>       Whereas the `libltdl.diff' is a patch to libtool's libltdl library
>       which I already proposed at <address@hidden> but gets ignored
>       somehow.
>
> a 10-minute scan through the thread points back to two more threads, the
> first in december 2001, and another "six months prior" to that (which i
> didn't follow).  i got the impression that mingw support is still in
> design phase, although (obviously) implementations exist.

Right.

> if you think libltdl.diff is limited enough in scope so that when the
> official support finalizes, it will not be such a big change, i suggest
> adding it under devel w/ a big "warning: provisional code" notice, and
> integrating the patch(1) invocation into whatever script is creating
> the .tar.gz in the first place.

We could easily do so.  I'll check that.

>       The build process finally fails when building documentaion...
>
> what are the errors?  (sorry, i don't have the i386-mingw toolchain
> installed to try to debug this here.)

Uhm.  That is just because we are using guile itself for
building documentation.  It's just because my linux refuses to start
Windows binaries :-)
Just one:  The guile_filter_doc_snarfage executable could be created using
HOST_CC instead of CC.  This would get the build process one step further.
I could rearrange the Makefile.am to achieve this.  Any objections?

Cheers,
        address@hidden