Re: scripts/read-scheme-source

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: scripts/read-scheme-source
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:26:15 -0500

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> so what's release status these days?  is that inferable somehow?  can i
> (or any arbitrary maintainer) decide to do a release?  is there a simple
> release script somewhere?

Stalled, or rather, slightly time-dialated :>

I got side-tracked by a request from the FSF to get the debian emacs21
packages ready immediately for the release this week, and now I have
to catch up on some other job-related bits, but after that I'll have
cycles to spend on the release.

As of a few weeks ago, we'd already finished taking nearly all the
steps outlined in RELEASE, so according to that we're just about
ready.  However, I have a few other things I want to do before
actually releasing -- suggested in part by Marius.  In particular I'd
like to contact as many of the people in the guile projects list as
possible and see if they've tried the betas, and if not, if they'd be
willing to.  If others have time to help with this, that would be
wonderful.

Also, I'd planned to check with Neil wrt the state of the
documentation.  i.e. is it at a suitable point for a release?

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu