scm_m_lambda

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: scm_m_lambda
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 02:05:08 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

in eval.c in scm_m_lambda, there is a test, whether at the position of the
formal arguments the immediate value SCM_IM_LET can be found.  A comment
says that this case refers to 'named let'.  However, I tried to figure out
where such a situation was created, but could not find a place where
SCM_IM_LET was inserted during memoization in that way.  I also checked
the whole testsuite and it seems that this case does not occur.

It seems that this test is unnecessary and that the corresponding
situation will never occur - maybe it did some time, but the code has
changed.  Except if someone tells me otherwise, I will remove that test
from scm_m_lambda.

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann