Re: removing scm_gc_mark_conservatively()

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: removing scm_gc_mark_conservatively()
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:44:08 +0200 (MEST)

On 27 Sep 2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> > Just for clarification:  The scm_tc16_allocated cells would then be
> > conservatively scanned during gc, right?
>
> Yes, like they are now.

Well, no.  I have removed the code for conservative cell marking after it
was clear that it did not work.  And, since I thought scm_tc16_allocated
would remain a debugging-time feature I removed it for this case also - it
is not useful to do more marking during debugging, since it will not help
you to find unreferenced objects :-)

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann