Re: Opinions about my proposed tagging conventions?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Opinions about my proposed tagging conventions?
Date: 24 Jul 2001 16:09:53 -0500

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> >     branch_root-release-1-X
>
> Shouldn't this be "branch-root_release-1-6"?

That actually makes more sense to me.  You would then have branch and
branch_root.  The former is the actual branch tag and the latter is
the pre-branch tag.

So for every branch we create, we should have

  branch_FOO
  branch-root_FOO

and for official releases, we reserve all the FOOs starting with
"release".

> "branch-merge_SOME-FOO_to_SOME-BAR_1"?

Agreed.

I'll change the docs and update HACKING, and I'm wondering if I can
easily change the tags I already created without affecting everyone
else.  I'll check.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning