Re: SRFI-1 and Guile

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: SRFI-1 and Guile
Date: 06 Jun 2001 18:26:02 -0500

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to ask what the current status wrt to the SRFI-1 reference
> implementation is.  I would really like to see SRFI-1 in the core
> distribution.

Me too.  I didn't realize you already had an implementation.

> I have written a complete SRFI-1 implementation, and could add it to
> CVS.  Later, when the copyright issues are done, we could easily
> replace the module with the (ported) reference implementation.
>
> My module is not tuned for performance and does not do much error
> checking so replaceing it one day would be a good idea.
>
> Are there any objections?

No objections.  I have been involved in substantial back and forth
regarding the copyright issues, and though I think things will
eventually be resolved to everyone's satisfaction, I don't expect that
to happen very soon.

Also, srfi-1 seems like something that may be used heavily enough that
in the long run, we may want a "tuned for guile" implementation, but I
don't know whether that should mean compiling it, writing parts of it
in C, or something else.

Thanks