Re: autoconf 2.50 on Debian Potato

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: autoconf 2.50 on Debian Potato
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:58:44 +0200

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 05:11:44PM +0300, Michael Livshin wrote:
: "Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden> writes:
:
: > Has anyone been able to install/build autoconf 2.5 for Debian Potato?

It's actually 2.50, not 2.5.

: > What other packages do you need to upgrade?  Did you have to move to
: > Woody (or whatever the next version is called)?
: >
: > Or did you just install from source?
:
: I just installed from source.  had to upgrade libtool too, 1.3.5
: didn't like me (had problems with the cache being /dev/null, or
: something).

That's an error message you can live with, but libtool 1.4 is probably
an improvement over 1.3.5 so it shouldn't hurt to upgrade.

  Lars J