Re: New branch: mvo-vcell-cleanup-1-branch

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: New branch: mvo-vcell-cleanup-1-branch
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 22:27:39 +0200

> From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
> Date: 10 May 2001 02:58:05 +0200
>
> I just committed stuff to the new branch "mvo-vcell-cleanup-1-branch".
> It contains changes to remove vcells and associated stuff from Guile.
> Please check it out.

I have checked it out and played a bit with it.  I have not
experienced any trouble with my Scheme programs, but I have not so
many of them and they do no sophisticated things with symbols or
variables anyway.

But I thought I'd let you know anyway.

> I will try to make the changes backward compatible (by adding the
> removed functions back as dperecated features) and when that works
> out, merge it back to the trunk.  When not, we have to decide whether
> we want to have the incompatibility in 1.6.0 or afterwards.  I want to
> make the changes in any case.

I think this should go into 1.6, unless others experience any big
problems.

Regards,
  'martin