Re: Win32 autogen-4.5.12?

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Win32 autogen-4.5.12?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:13:31 +0200

> From: Alex Brown <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:21:23 -0400
>
> Alex Brown wrote:

> > PS - I did get Guile 1.4 to build in Win32;  I don't remember specific
> > problems, other than failing test scripts and building of Autogen.
>
> The main problem was a missing file:  ice-9/and-let*.scm did not unpack
> from the tarball with that name.  Renaming it (from a Linux unpacking)
> and correcting the Makefile did the trick.  Someone in power should give
> this a more conventional filename.

In CVS Guile, and-let*.scm was renamed to and-let-star.scm and a
compatibility module named and-let*.scm was introduced, which loads
the former.  Renaming, changing the module name in the file (the
define-module clause) and changing the Makefile is a correct
workaround.

> Also, libguile/net_db.c has references to extern int h_error, which is
> apparently not available in the Cygnus libraries;  since this isn't
> relevant to my use I commented this out.

This is also changed in CVS Guile, and commenting it out should work
(IIRC).

Regards,
  'martin