grub-devel

Re: fs/ntfscomp.c:82:11: error: ‘flg’ may be used uninitialized in this

From: PGNet Dev
Subject: Re: fs/ntfscomp.c:82:11: error: ‘flg’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 08:38:04 -0700

On 3/27/20 7:45 AM, Daniel Kiper wrote:
>> _is_ a 'clear' env expected/recommended/required for a grub2 build?
>
> You control your own build environment. So, if you add options which are
> not supported by the GRUB then there is pretty good chance that the
> build or generated output will fall apart at some point. However, if you
> think a given compiler option should be supported by the GRUB or even
> used by default please provide a patch with good explanation why we
> should take it.

sure.

builds using opensuse buildservice online are currently failing using 'default'
build env.

atm, that appears to be just to due to the patches, discussed here, not yet
landing in release used.

i can't yet say what, if anything, of the default _flags_ in use cause a
problem -- need to check again if optimization, as causing a problem here, is
among them.

>> if so, does this need to be handled at config time?
>
> I am not sure what do you mean by that.

just a simple check at 'configure' ... e.g. if optimization is set, raise an
error.

thx