grub-devel

Re: fs/ntfscomp.c:82:11: error: ‘flg’ may be used uninitialized in this

From: Michael Chang
Subject: Re: fs/ntfscomp.c:82:11: error: ‘flg’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:50:15 +0800

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 08:38:04AM -0700, PGNet Dev wrote:
> On 3/27/20 7:45 AM, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> >> _is_ a 'clear' env expected/recommended/required for a grub2 build?
> >
> > You control your own build environment. So, if you add options which are
> > not supported by the GRUB then there is pretty good chance that the
> > build or generated output will fall apart at some point. However, if you
> > think a given compiler option should be supported by the GRUB or even
> > used by default please provide a patch with good explanation why we
> > should take it.
>
> sure.
>
> builds using opensuse buildservice online are currently failing using
> 'default' build env.

I'm using openSUSE build serive too and (with the package maintainer's
hats on) I am sure we didn't use those build options/flags you were
testing here `as default`. Neither I could tell where your build options
came from.

> atm, that appears to be just to due to the patches, discussed here, not yet
> landing in release used.

No. I don't think so. Simply you should go check your build options, not
the patch here.

Regards,
Michael