grub-devel

Re: efinet SNP issue affects iscsi boot

From: Micah Parrish
Subject: Re: efinet SNP issue affects iscsi boot
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 12:58:02 -0600

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 06:15:45PM +0800, Michael Chang wrote:

I have posted the RFC patch to the list. If you don't see it please let me know.

I will give it a try, thanks!

I also read through the efinet.c from OpenSolaris.? It is quite different
from the current SNP efinet.c, since it uses a ring buffer and filters.? I
assume a naive switch over to MNP might run into the same lost packet
problem seen before.? Was it seen across many platforms, or specific to a
few?
I did not experience any packet loss problem. But neverthelast I would like to
have a look on the OpenSolaris patch. Where can I find it ?

Its buried in a big tarball. https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/opensource/systems-solaris-1562786.html

It is in the part1 source code tarball, under osnet/usr/src/grub/

-Micah