grub-devel

Grub U-boot: Build a device tree into Grub.

From: Peter Geis
Subject: Grub U-boot: Build a device tree into Grub.
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 14:53:00 -0400

Good Afternoon,

I am working on bringing linux-4.x to the old Ouya android game console.
I am currently using the Ouya Safeboot project to boot my kernel, but it has many limitations.

I know that Grub U-boot uses the device tree passed from U-boot, but I was wondering if there is a way to build a device tree into GRUB.

This would greatly assist my project, as well as other similar projects working to get mainline linux running on previously Android based devices.

Is it at all possible without a massive rewrite of Grub?