grub-devel

Re: Grub get and set efi variables

From: Mat Troi
Subject: Re: Grub get and set efi variables
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:05:19 -0800

Hi SevenBits,

Thanks for letting me know.  Out of curiosity, any particular reason why this patch did not get merged?  It looks to be a useful feature.

Thanks,
Mat

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 12:12 PM, SevenBits <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tuesday, November 3, 2015, Mat Troi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Searching through google, I see there was an email thread to add a patch for getting and setting efi variable in GRUB2.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2013-11/msg00328.html

However, looking at the tree, it doesn't look like this patch was added, am I missing something?  Does anyone know if we have command to get/set efi variables in GRUB2?

I'm the author of that patch. No, it was never merged into the tree. As far as I know, there is no equivalent functionality; GRUB does not support this feature.

Thanks,
Mat