grub-devel

GNU GRUB maintenance

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: GNU GRUB maintenance
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 23:14:19 +0200

Hello, all. I'm sorry for not being available to do enough maintenance
for GRUB in last time but I was overbooked. Yet there is a good news. At
Google there is a 20% project and GRUB has been approved as 20% project
for me. The goal is to have 2.02 released before the end of this year.
Other than the raw lack of time there is another issue which makes
maintenance difficult: inefficient VCS. It requires me or someone with
privileges manually copy the patch. What other systems would be ok? It
obviously has to be a free software and hosted on free software-friendly
hosting. It also has to have an efficient 1-click merge (so that someone
with privileges can get any patch submitted to the system merged in
couple of clicks).