grub-devel

Re: passing options to grub in xen,openfirmware and efi

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: passing options to grub in xen,openfirmware and efi
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 18:03:42 +0300

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
<address@hidden> wrote:

>>> grub-install already takes this into account.
>>
>> There is no grub-install in that case.
>>
>> We run in circles, and to get out of the loop I have to show code.
>>
> No, you need to show an actual usecase with enough details and
> explanation why the solutions that already exist are inadequate.

The way pv-grub2 is built by distributions now is grub-mkstandalone
with grub.cfg that search several predefined directories for "real"
guest grub.cfg. Passing its location as boot argument would make it
possible to remove these harcdoded locations.