grub-devel

Re: Chainloadig from grub2 to isolinux

From: Ben Hildred
Subject: Re: Chainloadig from grub2 to isolinux
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:24:23 -0600

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Raif S. Berent <address@hidden> wrote:
<snip>
> The netboot images work just fine. (including live images)
Yes, but this is a "minimal image" as I understand and additional
binaries (for example if you want an lxde desktop) will be downloaded.
That's fine for a single install, but requires re-download of same
packages should one aim to install on several systems.

yes,but a local repo takes care of that. (and that repo can be the contents of the cd)

If there is one, I have not come across a desktop (gnome/kde/lxde) live
image+netboot iso file in the repository.
you are right that there are no live+netboot/install images (iso or other), but since grub has great menu capability, you can offer either netinstall or live (which can be created from any iso created by debian live by extracting the kernel, initrd, cmdline and rootfs (I have done it with a gparted iso))

Ben Hildred
Automation Support Services
303 815 6721