grub-devel

Re: Accessing UEFI variables from GRUB

From: SevenBits
Subject: Re: Accessing UEFI variables from GRUB
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 22:30:39 -0400

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014, Andrey Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
В Wed, 9 Jul 2014 01:14:58 +0000
Michael Mohr <address@hidden> пишет:

> Good evening;
>
> Is it possible to read EFI variables from grub-efi (i.e. grubx64.efi) via the configuration file?  I would like to change the behavior of a server (i.e. boot order, kernel options, etc) based on one or more variables from EFI.

No, it is not implemented so far.

On the subject, I wrote a patch to allow this specific feature several months ago, but it was rejected by Vladimir because it lacked some features the maintainers deemed desirable. Depending on your specific needs, it may suffice; I would be happy to send the patch to you. It should work on the latest GRUB 2.02 beta.

I am considering re-implementing this feature with a new patch, but have not had the time. I would be happy to resume work if anyone is interested.