grub-devel

Re: Freeze on 27 February

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Freeze on 27 February
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:19:43 -0500

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 05:12:12PM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> Hello, it's to announce that from 27th of February the GRUB will be
> frozen for 2.00 release. From that date on, no new features will be
> committed only bugfixes.
> If you have a patch which you think should be included in 2.00 you
> can ping me about it but I might answer that it's postponed after
> 2.00
> @Richard Laager: Which of ZFS patches aren't committed yet? It's a
> bit tricky to see which ones were superseeded.

Any chance all these warnings will get fixed so powerpc can compile
without using --disable-werror?

At this point I can't figure out what to do to convince gcc that aliasing
the list structure should be allowed.  It looks like the way lists are
done in grub is simply a big hack that gcc doesn't like.

--
Len Sorensen