grub-devel

Re: New configuration variables for setting GRUB's colors in /etc/defaul

From: Alexander Kurtz
Subject: Re: New configuration variables for setting GRUB's colors in /etc/default/grub (Debian bug #608283)
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 23:15:03 +0100

On Sat, 2012-02-04 at 12:34 +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> On 26.05.2011 14:34, Alexander Kurtz wrote:
> > I have attached a patch which makes grub-mkconfig export these new
> > variables. What do you think?
> This patch does only exporting, not any actual usage.

You are correct. I want to use these new variables to improve
Debian's /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme[0]. As written earlier, many Debian
and Ubuntu users want a comfortable way to customize menu colors.
However, I think the basic configuration options shouldn't be specific
to Debian or Ubuntu. That's what this patch is for. Will you include it?

Best regards

Alexander Kurtz

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=608283#80