grub-devel

Re: luks testing and source deb pkg

From: Lukas Anzinger
Subject: Re: luks testing and source deb pkg
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 10:38:44 +0100

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 18:59, Lukas Anzinger <address@hidden> wrote:
> However after entering the password, the grub menu doesn't show up and
> it states that the password is incorrect. I used 12345 which is
> obviously very hard to misspell repeatedly.

It seems that the function grub_getpassword() has problems with
numbers coming from the numpad. I added some debugging printfs to the
luks code and found out that the passphrase variable always contained
an empty string.

I then investigated the problem further and found out that it also
happens if I place the password 12345 in the grub.cfg:

##
set superuser="foo"
password foo 12345
##

I can only edit a boot entry if I enter 12345 *NOT* via the num pad.

This seems to be a bug in grub_password_get() or one of the functions
it calls, like grub_getkey().

Regards,

Lukas