grub-devel

Re: Full documentation for GRUB2

From: kf
Subject: Re: Full documentation for GRUB2
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:32:54 -0400

I agree.  I tried myself to work on it last year but like you didn't get very
far and you cannot improve on any doc without intimate knowlege of the system.
Mind you I wasn't impressed by the grub1 manual either :-))

Grub is such a complex package that I'd really like to see a lot of effort go
into the docs, including literal examples that serve as syntax illustrations as
would be entered in the terminal at every step.

Manual writing is a separate art & science. Ideally a good manual makes it
impossible for the reader to walk away without having at least understood
everything on first reading regardless of mother tongue or cuture.  And THAT is
no small task.