grub-devel

BtrFS available in experimental

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: BtrFS available in experimental
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:51:26 +0100

Hello, all. It seems incresingly unpractical to assume that btrfs legal
issues will be resolved. So I using this specification :
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/User:Wtachi/On-disk_Format
implemented a reader. I haven't used any Oracle code for this. Code is
fresh from typing fingers. It may or may not work for. I'm aware of some
possibilities the code may hang parsing an incorrect BtrFS. Currently
lacking points:
- no multidevice
- no symlinks
- no encryption, encoding or compressing
- no prealloc extents (doesn't look like we need them at all)
- grub-mkrelpath isn't adjust for /<subvolume>/ prefix

The syntax on btrfs is
/subvolume/standard_path
the root subvolume is named "default"
Due to checksumming save_env doesn't work (same problem as on ZFS)
Enjoy

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko