grub-devel

Re: increasing grubenv file size

From: Gnanasekar Loganathan
Subject: Re: increasing grubenv file size
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:27:24 +0530

Hi Colin,

We are storing environment variables like below:

macaddr=ab:cd:ef:12:34:56
bootfile=image.gnana
ipaddr=172.30.16.203
netmask=255.255.0.0
serverip=172.30.16.90
gatewayip=172.16.1.1
ftpuser=username
ftppasswd=password
bootcmd=flash(0,0):XXXX-OS-8-3-9-23.bin;default_boot;boot

like wise we adding more environment variables in future.

If the space is not enough for storing more variables we have to
increase the size. If unable to increase the size we have to find
alternate way to store these evnironment variables.

Thanks,
Gnana