grub-devel

Re: how to compile the grub legacy on AMD64

From: Bai Shuwei
Subject: Re: how to compile the grub legacy on AMD64
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:43:02 +0800

On 19 April 2010 16:45, BVK Chaitanya <address@hidden> wrote:
> GRUB Legacy is obsolete.

I know GRUB legacy is obsolete, but as my some job based on it. So i
cannot switch to grub-2 now. My host is AMD64 system, and i use the
qemu-system-i386  + ram_disk. I use grub command to test them. But
now, when i use the apt-get install grub, all changed. The grub is
removed and the grub 2.0 is installed. So i cannot test my job. So i
have to rebuild the grub v1.0. The stage1, stage2, and grub are
compiled for 32bits. But i will use the grub --device-map=.. on AMD64.
So how i compile it on my host(AMD64) and a grub (64bit) will be
generated ?