grub-devel

Re: Compilation error of xorriso on MacOSX

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: Compilation error of xorriso on MacOSX
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:37:28 +0200

Hi,

Yves Blusseau wrote:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg13241.html
> there a VL_LIB_READLINE macro

Ahum. A whole family of libraries.
Not only libreadline but also libedit, and
libeditline. This can become as interesting as
the situation with iconv.
But to our luck, libreadline is only nice to
have, not essential as is iconv.

So i now rather run a test build of all the
desired libreadline functions and the <*.h>
files. If that fails, then i flatly disable
readline.
(acinclude.m4 : LIBBURNIA_ASSERT_READLINE)

The new configure test for suitable libreadline
is ready and uploaded as xorriso-0.5.3.tar.gz.
Version timestamp :  2010.04.13.154201
(or later)

> I will make a MacPorts file so that xorriso can be build without problems on
> OSX.

Please wait with publishing until version 0.5.4
gets released.
I am currently working through the list of
minor problems. This should be done within a
few days.
(In general version 0.X.even is for production
 whereas 0.X.odd is merry development. Next
 development cycle will be 0.5.4 and 0.5.5.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas