grub-devel

Build GRUB for UEFI (not EFI), 64 bit

From: gburanov
Subject: Build GRUB for UEFI (not EFI), 64 bit
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 02:00:34 -0500

Hello everybody.

I am currently trying to build grub for UEFI (I got new modern Intel
motherboard that support boot loading).

According to the grub manual, I use

./configure --with-platform=efi --target=x86_64
make
./grub-mkimage -d- -o bootx64.efi modules_list

and try to load from it. it does not work! The computer just restarts when
running it, in the beginning.

However, the grub that is included to the Fedora 12 CD works just fine.

Do somebody succeed in compiling grub for UEFI (not just EFI)? What can be a
problem?

--
This message was sent on behalf of address@hidden at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/address@hidden/topic.html