grub-devel

Re: Regarding virtual to physical memory mapping..

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Regarding virtual to physical memory mapping..
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:53:33 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 01:31:05PM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> > I wanted to know whether I can allocate some
> > memory in the region below 1MB?
> Only in experimental branch. But we're not currently sure if we will use
> this.

We can use this.  My concerns are with making intrusive changes in the
standard heap.  I think it's important that kern/mm.c is small and simple,
but this doesn't preclude doing more fancy stuff in non-core areas.

Sorry if I was unclear about it.

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi