grub-devel

fonts for gfxmenu, help needed

From: Robert Millan
Subject: fonts for gfxmenu, help needed
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:10:27 +0100

Hi,

Help is needed in order to provide the last bit that will make gfxmenu
functional: fonts of multiple sizes.

The sample tarball at http://grub.gibibit.com/files/overlay_2009-07-19.tar.gz
includes a set of prebuilt fonts.  They were built using a Java utility
which ended up being replaced with grub-mkfont in our repository.

In order to provide the basic infrastructure so that theme authors can
begin developing their artwork, we need GRUB to build fonts from the original
unifont files (unifont.bdf or unifont.pcf.gz).

Can someone figure out appropiate parameters for grub-mkfont, such that
when applied on unifont.bdf or unifont.pcf.gz they will output suitable
PF2 font files?  A font file is suitable if it can be used to replace the
prebuilt ones in overlay_2009-07-19.tar.gz and its themes can still use
them.

--
Robert Millan