grub-devel

Re: [PATH] grub-mkrelpath

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [PATH] grub-mkrelpath
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 12:07:29 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 04.11.2009, 10:55 +0100 schrieb rubisher:

> > Right trunk contains my -I($srcdir)/include fix.
> > merged now.
> Sorry I don't agree with your fix:

As you might have thought already from the following sentence, I already
suspected that it's not the proper way.

By the way this topic really belongs to the -nostdinc Thread from
Robert.
This is not at all specific to my grub-mkrelpath.
At least this fixed building with a seperate build directory.

> > But I still have the feeling using -isystem is wrong at all or at least
> > the =.
> Well as far as I understand, yes for cross-compiling that would make stuff
> easier?
>
> A quick look at linux kernel build, it shows that also use -isystem but
> not yet with '=' option so may be my previous patch would be more relevant.
>
> I let you appreciate.

IMO we should use the same approach as Linux kernel does. Using -isystem
just for the gcc include headers.
I don't think gcc should treat our own headers as system headers.

> Tx,
>     J.
>
> PS: any idea where (in which part of this proj) should I have a look to
> learn why ofs doesn't reach to find disks and their structures?)

No clue.
Better ask such questions in a seperate mail, not hidden in a thread
which has nothing to do with this. The chances are much higer that then
who can answer the qestion will read it.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer