grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:33:19 +0800

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Michal Suchanek <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2009/10/1 Bean <address@hidden>:
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Michal Suchanek <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Cannot this be inferred automatically?
>>>
>>> That is any panel that contains command items is a window.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sometimes panel can be used to ground some widgets together, for
>> example, a dialog may look like this:
>>
>> panel
>> {
>>  direction = vertical
>>  input = 1
>>
>>  panel
>>  {
>>    direction = horizontal
>>    text { text="username"}
>>    edit {}
>>  }
>>
>>  panel
>>  {
>>    direction = horizontal
>>    text { text="password"}
>>    edit {}
>>  }
>> }
>>
>> In this case, the outer panel should be a single window, and the edits
>> are items. The inner panel is only used for layout, we don't want them
>> to receive input focus.
>
> Since the panel only contains one active item ( the edit ) this should
> still work.
>
> I recall writing about this here already.

Hi,

It'd be ok if we only have one level input items, but I plans to add
two two level interaction, first is window, second is item, TAB switch
different window, while UP/DOWN switch different items. In this setup,
we need to mark the panel that acted as window.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/
my fork page: http://github.com/bean123/grub/