grub-devel

Design: first sector of core.img

From: phcoder
Subject: Design: first sector of core.img
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:12:25 +0100

Hello. For SHA-1 verified boot first sector needs to check the rest of core.img. It will need heavy modifications. On the same time I would like to avoid changes to current boot process so that both alternatives are available (SHA-1 and plain boot). In the same time even in current design the first sector plays a special role. So I propose first sector to be moved to a separate file and then at install time grub-mkimage or grub-setup can take care of choosing right one depending on options supplied by user (plain or SHA-1 boot)
Regards
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko