grub-devel

Re: Remove trailing space from FAT label

From: phcoder
Subject: Re: Remove trailing space from FAT label
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:15:28 +0100

Hello
Suppose the label is "DOS \0DDDDDDDD",
Such a label is incorrect. But I agree with you that we should reuse the code and be fault-tolerant (I regularly see FAT volumes breaking the specifications). Additionally there is a mechanism of nice fat label which works the same way as long names (supported only by some OS). Unifying the code would make these labels accessible. So I'll write a new proposition soon.
Thanks
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko