grub-devel

Re: localization of Grub

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: localization of Grub
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:19:09 +0200

Hi,

On Sep/26/2008, Felix Zielcke wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 26.09.2008, 10:34 +0200 schrieb Carles Pina i Estany:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Sep/26/2008, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> >
> > > I just was wondering: what are your thoughts about localization and
> > > Grub?
> >
> > Just to clarify: translate user strings, mainly in the booting screen
> > (or make mainly all streams part of a theme, etc. etc.)
> >
> > > We don't have nothing because it's a decision (I would undertand) or we
>
> For this wish we have a Debian bugreport, which is even over 9 years
> old.
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/33723
>
> This is wanted but nobody did work on this yet afaik.
> It would be good if there would be multiple keyboard layouts too I
> think.

I think that different keyboard layouts it's even more important than
different languages...

Do we have any plan? Maybe I will take a look (but during 20 days in
october I will not have lot of time :-( so not sure if I will do it
after October or not, I will see...)

Any suggestion for the implementation? How user would change the
keyboard layout? Or maybe at beginning some setting (variable) at
grub.cfg?

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info