grub-devel

Re: localization of Grub

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: localization of Grub
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 00:55:15 +0200

Hi,

On Sep/29/2008, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:49:54PM +0200, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > >   - gettextise the util tools, so they can be translated as normal
> > >   programs.
> >
> > ok! (I guess/hope that will be more "burocratic" work than new work)
>
> It _is_ technical work I think, but less fun than the other part :-/

When I said burocratic it was not like "Spanish burocracy" :-)
I added locale support in another program (Python based). By
"burocratic" I was thinking the part adding _(    ) in all strings :-)

(adding locale support to a non locale program has been quite much
difficult and work... also I guess that there will be some problems
adding locale dependencies in Grub too)

> > I don't expect to have time until 22th October (aprox.). I have more
> > interest in the second part (it's "newer") than first part, but first
> > part has a practical and fast effects with (I think) less investment.
>
> The second part also builds on the first, to some extent.  I.e. if you want
> to test gettext support in GRUB itself, you need some strings to translate,
> and these are provided by the .mo files which are only built if the build
> system supports that, etc.

I know

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info