grub-devel

Re: [patch] background_image: image centering and scaling

From: colin
Subject: Re: [patch] background_image: image centering and scaling
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:57:16 -0500

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:00:27 +0300, Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Olaf Mandel wrote:
>> thanks. I must admit to not looking at the source code for the project.
>> Will scaling also be used for "simple" background_image commands? If yes
>> and if the scaling does preserve the aspect ratio of the image, then the
>> background picture is not necessarily in the upper left corner of the
>> screen (an assumption in the code in grub2 trunk).
>
> Basically there is no background_image command anymore in new
> implementation. Idea is that you specify behavior in theme file. In
> theme file you could have attributes what is the scaling behavior (if it
> was not there already).

Actually I have left the 'background_image' in the gfxterm module, and the
background of the terminal windows contents (but not the frame) is still
controlled through it.  I did add scale-to-fit functionality to it,
however.

>> I hope some version of the gfxmenu project finds its way into the trunk
>> of the grub2 repository soon.  :-)
>
> Me too :). It just needs to be fine tuned and then committed. We should
> receive sliced patches in here in near term. Colin will be on holiday
> for a while so don't hold your breath.

I'm working on slicing-and-dicing some patches up today!  I probably won't
have everything done by Wednesday (when I'm leaving) but I hope to at least
have several patches ready.

Regards,
Colin