grub-devel

Re: [patch] background_image: image centering and scaling

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: [patch] background_image: image centering and scaling
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:00:27 +0300

Olaf Mandel wrote:
> thanks. I must admit to not looking at the source code for the project.
> Will scaling also be used for "simple" background_image commands? If yes
> and if the scaling does preserve the aspect ratio of the image, then the
> background picture is not necessarily in the upper left corner of the
> screen (an assumption in the code in grub2 trunk).

Basically there is no background_image command anymore in new
implementation. Idea is that you specify behavior in theme file. In
theme file you could have attributes what is the scaling behavior (if it
was not there already).

> I hope some version of the gfxmenu project finds its way into the trunk
> of the grub2 repository soon.  :-)

Me too :). It just needs to be fine tuned and then committed. We should
receive sliced patches in here in near term. Colin will be on holiday
for a while so don't hold your breath.