grub-devel

Re: grub 1.96 svn 20080813 and circular lvm2 metadata

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: grub 1.96 svn 20080813 and circular lvm2 metadata
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:25:11 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 28.08.2008, 13:14 +0200 schrieb Hans Lambermont:
> Hi all,

Hello,

> My colleague Jan Derk Gerlings found a bug in the way grub 1.96, svn
> version 20080813 (and earlier) reads the circular lvm2 metadata buffer.

Great, on Debian BTS we have 2 bugs [0] related to LVM and I wasn't able
yet to trace them down, but that could be the reason for them.

> Shall we attempt to fix this and send a patch ?

Yes please do :)

Because GRUB is a GNU project, you have to obey the GNU Coding Standards [1]

The Maintainer standards [2] says that on ~15 line changes you need to
assign copyright to FSF, but for this the others can tell you more after
you did your patch.

So just try to obey the coding style used in GRUB and please try to
write a changelog entry, see GCS as a manual and the changelog file for
examples

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/462835
    http://bugs.debian.org/495949
[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/index.html