grub-devel

Re: grub 1.96 svn 20080813 and circular lvm2 metadata

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: grub 1.96 svn 20080813 and circular lvm2 metadata
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:22:06 +0200

Hello,

Am Freitag, den 29.08.2008, 18:00 +0300 schrieb Vesa Jääskeläinen:
> Felix Zielcke wrote:
> > The Changelog entry should be seperate, i.e. not a diff against the
> > actual ChangeLog file but you can have it above inside your patch
> > For example here my last small patch send to the list
>
> That is perfectly fine there :)
>
> Thou, you can also copy it within your email too. But everyone can spot
> it from patch too. Most important aspect is that it has to be there...

Right ;)

I think that in general it's just better to not make an actual diff
against it, but I failed to tell him.
So it's anyway my fault again :)

Hm but now that I think about it, the `ChangeLog' file will probable be
mostly first on the diffs'
After a few days it just can't be applies cleanly but for the ChangeLog
entry you anyway need to copy and modify it first before commiting :)